Library and Information Center
DOCUMENTS COLLECTION AND FACILITIES
“LIBSOFT” software is installed in the library’s Computers and used for Library Management. Bar-coding labels are pasted to all books in the library. ‘Digital Borrower’s Cards’ are issued to all Staff and Students.
Students are eligible to borrow 3 books. Merit Students will get 5 books. Faculty will get 5 books. HOD’s will get 10 books.
DIGITAL CENTER AND INTERNET FACILITY:
Library’s ‘Digital Centre’ is having a good collection of CDs/ DVDs.On various topic of interests. Users can scan and refer information available in CD’s/DVDs. Also, Internet facility is provided in the digital centre for web search.
SC/ST BOOKS BANK :
For the benefit of SC/ST students, ‘Books Bank’ facility is available in the Library. Eligible student will get 2 books for one semester period
REFERENCE AND REFERRAL SERVICE:
The Library staff is providing Reference and Referral Service to Students and Faculty.
Library has ‘DELNET’ online connection, which provides to a 35 lakhs records of publications which includes 331 e-journals and a large number of articles. Users can also get the hard copy of the documents through ‘DELNET’ and J-Gate Management E-Journals.
CURRENT AWARENESS SERVICES:
1) Current contents document
2) News paper clipping delivery services
Users can take Xerox copies of reading material for nominal charges.
INTER LIBRARY CO-OPERATION:
Our Faculty and Students can visit the following libraries with their I D Cards for reference purpose and also can take Xerox copies of literature of their interest for project, study or research purpose.
— Indian Institute of Management Library
— Bangalore University Library
- Maintain ‘Strict Silence’ in the Library.
- KCMS Students and Staff are eligible to become members. Membership forms are available at the circulation Counter
- Leave your bags and personal belongs out side the library.
- Sign the “Attendance Register” kept at the entrance of the Library.
- Cell phones, Walkmens and such other sound systems are not allowed inside the Library.
- All the books kept in ‘General Section’ can be borrowed journals and books kept in ‘Reference Section’ will not be issued.
- Maintain Q’s at ‘Circulation Counter’
- Readers should not mark, Underline or write in the Library books, Journals and News Papers.
- Librarian can recall any book at any time.
Books Issue System
- Every Student/ Staff shall be provided with Library card as per their eligibility which must be produced every time when books are borrowed.
- Students have to produce their I.D. Cards along with membership card while borrowing books.
- Students/ Staff members shall see that books have been properly issued against their names and check the Library card before leaving the counter.
- Borrowers have to check the book they are issued and if a book is damaged, it should be brought to the notice of the Librarian or Library Staff, otherwise the members shall be held responsible for any damage found/discovered while returning the book.
- Books can be renewed provided no other member has demanded or reserved the book.
- Borrowers can reserve one book only. After receiving reserved book, he/she can reserve another book.
- Library cards are not transferable. Borrowers will be responsible for all the books issued on their Library cards.
- If a book is not returned by the member an overdue charge of Rs 2/-( Rupees Two only) per volume per day shall be levied.
- A member against whom any amount is overdue or other charges are outstanding for a 15 days, will not be allowed to borrow until he/she has paid the amount due.
Loss of Damage of Books
- Members are responsible for a safe custody and return of the books in time.
- Damage or loss of books shall be immediately reported to the Librarian in writing.
- Members are liable to pay one and half times the actual cost of the book.
- If a rare or out of print book is lost and copy cannot be procured, the member shall make the payments as fixed by the Principal of the College.
Mr. Raghu. D C
Phone No: 9448259328
KARNATAKA COLLEGE OF MANAGEMENT AND SCIENCE
LIBRARY AND INFORATION CENTER
PRINT: International: 08 National: 30 Total: 38
- Abhigyan Fore
- ASCI Journal of Management
- Asian Economic Review
- Asian Journal of Management Cases
- Bank Quest
- Business World
- CASE Folio
- CSI Communication
- Dharana-Bhavan’s Journal of Business
- Employment News
- Financial Risk Management
- Forbes Asia
- Foreign Trade Review
- Front Line
- Harvard Business Review South Asia
- Human Capital
- IIMB Management Review
- Indian Economic Review
- Indian Journal of Finance
- Indian Journal of Industrial Relations
- Indian Journal of Marketing
- Indian Journal of Training and Development
- Indian Management
- Journal Marketing Management
- Journal of Management Research
- Journal of Entrepreneurship
- Journal of Indian Institute of Banking and Finance
- Journal of Knowledge Management
- Linux for You
- Outlook – Money
- P. C. Quest
- RBI Bulletin
- Sports Star
- The Economist
- The Week
- India Today
Library provides IP based access to more than 1700 e-books and 2410 e-journals on various disciplines of management. e-Resources can be accessed throughout the campus. Library also has 12 PCs exclusively devoted for browsing e-resources. To obtain desired information one can click on any one or more URLs. Listed below.
The library is a member of the DELNET. The library maintains excellent relations with a number of major Institutions and libraries in India throughDELNET , for exchange of books, journals articles for the mutual benefit of the users. It provides the delivery of individual books and journal-articles, as and when required by the member-libraries.
Click here to visit DELNET http://delnet.nic.in/