BCA Cloud Computing and cyber security
Course Duration : 3 Years full time
Eligibility : 12th /HSC/10+2 ( minimum 50% marks is compulsory)
What exactly is Cloud Computing?
It’s a type of computing which involves sharing of computer resources rather than using local servers or dedicated devices for processing. In simple words, it is the process of storing frequently used data on multiple servers which could be accessed by using the Internet. Various services like servers, storage and applications are provided to the user’s computing devices via Internet. Some good examples of using Cloud are:
- Dropbox – An online storage providing free storage to the users.
- Google – Letting the users to create documents and calendars for free.
- I Cloud – Free Storage for Apple & Mac Users.
Need of Cloud Computing
Cloud computing is now becoming a business standard. It simplifies the user’s accessibility. It provides a virtual storage space to the user which could be used without bothering about the details of the entire mechanism. Here are some other reasons why every enterprise might need cloud computing for their business:
- Cost savings – Cloud computing removes the requirement of a company to invest in storage hardware and servers.
- Focusing on the business -Since all the services will execute over the internet, a company does not have to bother about technical issues and other problems associated with physical storage and backup. A company can thus focus more on their core business.
- Performance – It delivers reliable performance irrespective to the geographical location of the user. Another key feature could be the automatic updating of services and applications.
- Security – Cloud Computing offers optimum security which protects you against any unauthorized access, modification and loss of data.
- Flexibility – Even if part of the cloud environment fails or stops working, the other resources continue to work until the problem is fixed.
Cloud computing comprises of several roles. These could be related to management, IT systems, end user support, application development, business analysis, network, security and web development. Every role requires specific skills. Here’s a compilation of all the skills required to explore the world of Cloud Computing.
- Technical Skills – Knowledge of HTML, PaaS (Platform as a Service), Cloud Computing Basics like Virtualization technologies (like VMWare), OOPS and programming languages like Java, C++, .Net etc.
- Business and Financial Skills – Knowledge of business case, online marketing strategies and financial terminologies like ROI (Return On Investment).
- Project Management – Negotiating with the clients and having knowledge of risk analytics, service agreements and policies.
- Data Integration and Analysis – Having knowledge of database, data mining and ERP system (Enterprise Resource Planning).
- Security – Having knowledge of internet security, encryption, authorization and security protocols.
Here are some of the major cloud computing certifications:
- MICROSOFT ACADEMY
- EMC Cloud Infrastructure and Services Certification (Associate Level)
- EMC Virtualized Data Center and Cloud Infrastructure Certification (Specialist Level)
- VMware Cloud Certification
- IBM Certified Solution Architect
- Hp ExpertONE Cloud certification
Cloud computing jobs are on the rise. According to a recent analysis, the international cloud computing market is expected to rise to $72 billion by 2015, and around 3 lakh job opportunities in India are expected in the same period.
The roles in Cloud Computing might range from cloud developers to operators. Every role comprises of the knowledge of the cloud computing basics and certain domain specific skills. Here are some of the popular Cloud related job profiles:
- Cloud Software Engineer
- Cloud Project Manager
- Cloud Business Analyst
- Cloud Network Architect/Planner
- Cloud Product Manager
- Cloud Sales Executive
- Cloud Developer/Programmer
- Cloud Consultant
- Cloud Systems Engineer
- Cloud Systems Administrator
- Cloud Network Engineer
CLOUD COMPUTING WORK OPPORTUNITIES
Market Prediction: Cloud Technology to offer 14 Million jobs by 2015
Cloud computing certification has a lot in store in terms of future job creation. It is anticipated that cloud computing technology will lead to a generation of an estimated 14 million novel job opportunities across the world in the span of the coming three years. Surprising enough, the scope of the fresh jobs may extend beyond the IT sector. The estimates are an outcome of research carried out by IDC funded by the Microsoft Corporation. Fourteen million expected jobs sure is a promising number in itself, but when stacked against the current volume of the available global workforce (a little greater than 3 billion to be exact) it equals a shy half a percent – a mere droplet compared against the pail.
It is worth to note that only 1.18 million of the anticipated lot of 14 million jobs will be hosted in the North America region. The lion’s share of the opportunities will be available in the budding markets. A hefty 10 million of the jobs will arise in the Asia Pacific region, India and China. The primary reason for this remains the mammoth size of the region’s human resource pool – about 1.3 promising personnel in India and China alone, as per findings of the report.
Nevertheless, it’s a great beginning since job conception at any scale is equally valuable. The efficacy of cloud technology as a positive force is further augmented by the projections of this particular study. Furthermore, the study serves an eye-opener for those who consider cloud computing as a job terminator. The technology, in fact, is bound to boost the number of available jobs, and that too across the globe, all the way through ventures of varying functionalities and sizes. After all, the beauty of the cloud lies in the actuality that rising markets and small organizations all have access to similar benefits offered by the technology just like any large scale enterprise or developed economy.
So what genre of jobs are we talking about here? It figures out that the majority of the created jobs will be related to the field of IT, including cloud architectural designers, integration experts etc. Allied domains, such as smart phone application development sector, continue to make use of cloud technology for delivering better products and entrepreneurial spin offs. App Economy has confirmed that the smart app development sector alone has resulted in the creation of 466,000 jobs in the United States. Application developers and software engineers are rapidly designing apps that make use of cloud technology. An inevitable consequence of the above is an increased demand for cloud professionals around the globe. IDC advocates that apart from strictly technical roles, cloud technology and cloud computing certification will lead to expansion and resulting increased demand of human resource in finance, sales, marketing, service, production and administrative departments of various ventures.
Folks at IDC further extrapolate that ingenuity and innovation in cloud technology might lead to monetary results as large as $1.1 trillion per annum in the coming 36 months. The firm validates that during the last year, IT cloud service providers made it possible for corporations of all sizes around the globe to secure more than $400 billion in sales, in addition to the 1.5 million brand new jobs.
Learn cloud computing from leaders in the industry.
The demand for professionals with knowledge of Cloud Computing is expect to rise exponentially because more and more companies are implementing this technology. Due to this, there are a number of institutes which provide cloud computing courses for the aspiring candidates. If you are one of these candidates, enroll yourself for a class now
Karnataka College of management and science conduct BCA cloud computing and cyber security course
BCA certification provided by Bangalore University
Cloud computing and cyber security certification provided by Microsoft academy.
Microsoft Virtual Academy provides training by world-class experts to help you build your skills and advance your career. Make it your destination of choice to get started on the latest Microsoft technologies and join this vibrant community. Its not just you against the world anymore, you can get your questions answered by our instructors and your peers and share your knowledge with others.
For more details please call on 09986737666